The Green Hills Public Library District provides private study rooms to serve the needs of the Library and the Palos Hills/Hickory Hills communities. These rooms are intended for independent study and/or collaboration of small groups. Any activity which would materially and substantially interfere with the proper functions of the Library such as excessive noise, a significant safety hazard, or security risk, is prohibited. The Board may modify, amend, or supplement this policy, as it deems necessary.
- Single study rooms (Rooms A and C) are to be used by one person for quiet study. Users must be high school age or older.
- Group study room B is for small groups for quiet study and/or to work on team projects. This room can accommodate up to six users; five seated participants and one presenter. At least two users must be present to occupy this room. All users must be high school age or older, unless accompanied by an adult.
- A valid ID or valid GHPLD Library card will be retained by staff while the room is in use.
- Rooms are available on a walk-in basis; advance reservations are not accepted.
- Rooms may be used for up to two hours. The length of times may be extended if no other patrons are waiting.
- All individuals must leave the room 15 minutes prior to the Library closing.
- Rooms may not be used to distribute or sell goods or services of any kind.
- There is no guarantee of a silent atmosphere due to the proximity to public spaces and other private rooms. Users of each room are asked to be respectful of others in adjacent rooms.
- All individuals are responsible for the condition of the rooms they occupy and should return furniture to the original arrangement.
Questions? Let us know!
If you have any questions, call the Adult Services Desk at 708-598-8446 ext. 120.