Freegal is a downloadable music service from your Library. With access to the Sony Music Entertainment catalog, it offers hundreds of thousands of songs, over 100 genres of music, and more than 50 record labels, all without having to download software or have any digital rights management (DRM) issues to deal with.
Log In to Freegal:
- Go to http://www.freegalmusic.com/homes/chooser.
- Enter your 14 digit Green Hills Public Library card number with no spaces.
- Enter your PIN number (last 4 digits of your phone #).
- Click Log In and start downloading.
Information & Tips
- The Freegal Mobile App is available for Android and iOS devices. Users can download and listen directly from their portable device.
- Current limits are set at five downloads per week. Your counter will set back to zero each week, Monday morning. Then you can download three more tunes during the new week.
- When you’re ready to download a track, click the “Download Now” link, select Save at the prompt, and designate where you want to save the song. Anytime you click on the “Download now” link, even if you cancel the download, the download counts toward your weekly allotment.
- Find bands that begin with “The” in their name, alphabetized under the letter “T.”
- Once in a while, your Internet connection may be interrupted or time out and you might experience an incomplete or problem download. Freegal Music allows you to download previously downloaded songs again, without using up one of your weekly downloads.
Hoopla is a digital media platform that provides access to a collection of over 200,000 movies, TV, music, and audiobooks. Borrow instantly on your PC, smartphone, or tablet. Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period so you never have to worry about overdue fines.
Create a hoopla account:
- Go to http://www.hoopladigital.com.
- Sign up for an account by entering your 14 digit Green Hills Public Library card number with no spaces followed by your PIN number (last 4 digits of your phone #).
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Click continue and you will be automatically logged in. Keep this information on file as this is what you will use each time you log in to hoopla.
Information & Tips
- The hoopla Mobile App is available for Android and iOS devices. Users can download and listen directly from their portable device.
- Current limits are set at twelve downloads per month. Your counter will set back to zero each month.
- All checkouts are directly streamed through the website or app. There is no need to download additional software.
- Lending periods vary by item type.
Questions? Let us know!
Call (708) 598-8446 or email email@example.com