The Green Hills Public Library District conducts its operation with the highest regard for the health and safety of its employees and the public. We have been continuing to monitor updates regarding COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, from various public health authorities including Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Cook County Department of Public Health.
In response to the Stay-At-Home Advisory issued by the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH), the Library is modifying its services to help slow the spread of COVID-19. As of November 18, 2020, the Library building is closed to the public and will remain closed until further notice.
- Phone & Email Support: Although the Library is closed to the public, staff are still available to assist you by phone or email to answer your questions and facilitate access to our available services.
- Hours for Phone & Email Support:
- Monday: 9am–5pm
- Tuesday: 1–9pm
- Wednesday: 9am–5pm
- Thursday: 1–9pm
- Friday: 9am–5pm
- Saturday: 11am–3pm
- Book Drop Access: Available 24/7, located on the north side of the building off 103rd Street. Material returns will be quarantined for a period of up to eight days before being removed from your account; no overdue fine will be assessed.
- Curbside Pickup (starting November 23, 2020): Curbside pickup of Library materials, remote printing jobs, and Museum Adventure Passes in the Library’s south parking lot. Pickups must be scheduled with Library staff.
- Curbside Pickup Hours:
- Monday: 10am-4pm
- Tuesday: 2-8pm
- Wednesday: 10am-4pm
- Thursday: 2-8pm
- Friday: 10am-4pm
- Saturday: 11:30am-2pm
- Doorside Delivery: Free contactless delivery of Library materials, straight to your home.
- Virtual Reference: To support access to our online resources, staff in our Adult and Youth Services Departments are available to provide reference services over the phone or via email. Adult reference inquiries should be directed to 708-598-8446 ext. 120 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Youth reference inquiries should be directed to 708-598-8446 ext. 117 or email@example.com.
- Virtual Readers Advisory: We recognize that patrons will not have the ability to browse materials while the Library is closed. Staff in our Adult and Youth Services Departments are available to provide readers advisory services, connecting you to personalized titles based on your preferences. This includes materials of all types; books and beyond. Utilize our online Book Match questionnaire, or call the Library at 708-598-8446.
- Virtual Programming: Program offerings published in our latest newsletter are expected to continue as planned.
- Digital Library Card Sign-Up: Gain immediate access to the Library’s online resources including ebooks, movies, music, databases, homework help, and more. Sign up online.
- Digital Platforms: Take advantage of our 24/7 Library which provides access to materials and resources free of charge in the comfort of your own home. This includes downloadable books and audiobook platforms, research databases, video streaming services, online learning courses, and much more. If you need assistance accessing any of these resources, our staff can walk you through the process. Adult inquiries should be directed to 708-598-8446 ext. 120 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Youth inquiries should be directed to 708-598-8446 ext. 117 or email@example.com.
- Wifi Access: Extends to our parking lot if you need to connect to the Internet using your personal device. There is no charge.
Other Questions & Answers
Why is it taking so long for returned items to be checked in?
All returned items are being quarantined before being checked in. Quarantine of materials may last for up to eight days. Rest assured, there will be no overdue fines for items that become overdue while in quarantine.
What is included in your 24/7 Library?
Our 24/7 Library allows you to access materials and resources free of charge in the comfort of your own home. Some of these resources include:
What if I don’t have a Library card?
You can gain instant access to our online resources, including the links listed above, by signing up for an instant digital Library card online.
Can I request items from other libraries?
Delivery service between libraries has been reinstated as of August 12. Please be aware that not all libraries have reinstated interlibrary loan services, and as a result, availability may be limited.
What kind of program offerings are available?
Although in-person programming has been suspended for the time being, the Library is seeking virtual programming offerings, which may include craft kits to be completed at home. Updates and information on upcoming programs will be shared on the Adult Services Page, Youth Services Page, and Library’s Facebook page.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please call us at 708-598-8446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.