GHPLD has a Notary Public on staff. There is no charge for this service. Please review the following guidelines regarding our notary service:
- Please bring current, unexpired photo identification with a signature issued by a U.S. state or federal government such as a Driver’s License, State ID Card, U.S. Military ID, or U.S. Passport.
- Please do not sign the document beforehand. Documents must be signed in the Notary’s presence.
- If witnesses are required in addition to a Notary, please provide your own witnesses. The Library is unable to supply witnesses for you.
- Documents must be in English and must be complete, without blank spaces.
- Due to changes in notarial law (effective June 1, 2009) we are unable to notarize any real estate documents pertaining to Cook County.
- Due to Illinois notary law, we are unable to certify copies.
- We are unable to complete or notarize government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
Appointments are strongly encouraged. Please call (708) 598-8446.